Updates, support & maintenance
Maintenance is an important part of managing your website. A website out of date puts your customers at odds with what he or she hears and reads elsewhere. Website visitors want to see the latest information about your offerings, so it's important that your website content is up to date. When changes occur in your business, those changes should also be reflected on your website. Visitors very often research a company's website first, before anything else. Our website maintenance service makes it easy to keep your website up to date. Our website maintenance service provides you with a simple and cost effective solution.
Text on your website needs to be current
Text content on your website should be accurate, free of errors in spelling and grammar and reflect the current conditions relating to your products and/or services and your business in general. If the content on your website is incorrect or out of date you should take time to update your content. We can help.
Update images on your website
Images are not just for decoration. They should be selected to market your products and services to your website visitors, so you need to make sure that the images that appear on your website are current and relevant. Incorrect or out of date images can send the wrong message. Take some time to review your website's images from time to time.
Image updating is a simple process. Send us your images at the correct sizes if you can. If you are not sure of the correct sizes send them in as large a size as possible and we will resize them. Images can always be reduced in size but we cannot make them larger without losing definition. In this case bigger is better. We can help.
Joomla software updating instructions are here. In 99.9% of cases updating is very simple.
Extensions updating instructions are here.
WordPress software updating instructions are here. In 99.9% of cases updating is, once again, very simple.
Extensions updating instructions are here.
If you are not comfortable with updating either Joomla or WordPress we can help.
Have you thought about getting more out of your website?
Additional functionality can include, but is not limited to
- a blog,
- Facebook, Twitter and other social connections,
- a forum,
- membership with member login,
- a location map,
- company or industry news,
- photo galleries oe slideshows,
- social media,
- pdf downloads and
Google Analytics (free from Google)
Google Analytics is a website analytics service which provides statistics and basic analytical tools for search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing.
- Find out which online campaigns bring the most traffic and conversions,
- determine where your best visitors are located,
- learn what people are searching for on your site,
- determine where people abandon the shopping cart,
- identify your best performing pages,
- identify your worst performing pages,
- see what people click on the most
- and much more.
We can set up Google Analytics for you.
Website Maintenance Services
You have four options when it comes to web maintenance:
- Hire a web and marketing team in-house. This is expensive. You have to pay for each person’s salary, benefits, overhead costs, etc. For a small business this not cost effective.
- If possible hire the people who developed the website. Working with them is a smart option. Having developed the website they will have all the resources needed for web maintenance and they will be familiar with the website. This is a walkup start.
- Hire a variety of specialized freelancers. Hiring freelancers is less pricey but it requires good coordination and communication. The issue here can be that freelancers work independently and are often not available. Given that a different freelancer will necessarily be used on different occasions he or she will have to "relearn" the site on each first occasion. This can lead to inconsistency in the website and destroy the "look and feel" of the website.
- Do it yourself. If you decide to handle the web maintenance yourself, be prepared to invest enough of your money, time and patience in training. With all the best intentions in the world untrained staff will take longer to update and maintain your website than it will take a trained and experienced person. More often than not expecting untrained or minimally trained staff leads to frustration and disappointment.
Competitive website maintenance rates
Keeping costs under control is important. Making changes to your website is an effective way of keeping it up to date and relevant, but how much will it cost? We recognise the importance of knowing how much changes will cost and we will always provide you with a quote for your approval before proceeding, together with an estimate of how long the job will take to complete.
We are very competitive and you'll find our website maintenance rates are among the best in the industry. We offer great value for money. The cost will depend on how much work you want done and how long it will take. Feel free to request an obligation-free website maintenance quote.
Maintenance is billed at an hourly rate of $95 at half hour rests, ie. $47.50 per half hour or part thereof.
How do I find out more?
If you have some ideas for your existing website and would like to know what they may cost to implement please give us a call on 02 8924 5648 or use our contact form. We will come back to you within one working day.
|If you need urgent support please give us a call on 02 8924 5648 or 0401 447 639.|